Notes and References
1. Cuyler Reynolds, Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs, 4 Vols. (New
York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1911), 2:833 (hereafter cited as Knox, Hudson Mohawk).
2. Ibid., 2:833.
3. Ibid., 2:833.
4. Ibid., 2:833.
6. Charles C. Chapman, History of Knox County, Illinois (Chicago: Blakely, Brown &
Marsh Printers, 1878), 686/ Includes photo of him on page 599. (hereafter cited as Knox County, Illinois History, Chapman).
7. Knox, Hudson Mohawk, 2:833/This source contains no dates of the events in his
life. All of that information comes from the family group sheet.; and John Jay Knox-Sarah Ann Curtis family group sheet, supplied 2 Sep 1995
by Robert McConnell, 7815 SW 97 Place, Miami, FL 33173-3135. This sheet seems well documented. The preparer is not directly related to the
family (hereafter cited as Knox Family Group, McConnell).
8. Knox, Hudson Mohawk, 2:834.
9. CC Phillips entry, 1920 U.S. Census, Population Schedule, Tacoma Precinct 64, Pierce
County, Washington, Enumeration District 299, Roll 3, Sheet 2, National Archives, Washington, DC (hereafter cited as 1920 Census,
Return to Table of Contents or Index